Chief Technology Officer
United States Air Force
Frank Konieczny, a Senior Level executive, is the Chief Technology Officer, Office of Information Dominance and Chief Information Officer, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C. He has primary responsibility to advance the technology landscape of the Air Force. His current focus areas include the developing the technical target baseline, mobile enterprise solutions, data management, IdAM access/claims management, cyber and technology innovation pathfinders and advancing the Joint Information Environment.
Mr. Konieczny has completed advanced degrees in computer science engineering and administrative science, and in 1987 he completed all coursework for a doctorate in computer science. He has extensive experience as a systems analyst and chief programmer, working with a variety of firms including Teledyne Brown Engineering, SAIC and General Research Corporation. He has supported the programming and analytical analysis for a wide spectrum of government projects including ballistic missile defense, network design, missile test analysis, radar systems analysis and simulation, and operations research and statistical analysis. Mr. Konieczny would go on to serve as a project manager, business unit manager, Chief Scientist and Chief Technology Officer. He has managed more than 20 significant government sector programs involving multiple large and small business subcontractors and academic institutions in areas of Army and Navy manpower, logistics, force structure, undersea warfare, real time statistical analysis, biometric authentication, enterprise architecture, work flow management, and simulation and modeling.
Prior to his current assignment, Mr. Konieczny was employed for 10 years with AT&T Government Solutions professional services business unit. He served as the CIO, CTO and Executive Director for Operations where he managed internal research and development efforts; multi-location infrastructure management and upgrade; process improvement and standardization; support organization coordination; and development of technical solutions for a wide spectrum of projects within the government sector.
1970 Bachelor of Science degree in computer science engineering, University of Illinois, Chicago
1971 Master of Science degree in computer science engineering, University of Illinois, Chicago
1977 Master of Administrative Science degree, University of Alabama, Huntsville
1987 ABD, Doctor of Science degree in computer science, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
1. 1971 - 1974, systems analyst, Teledyne Brown Engineering, Huntsville, Ala.
2. 1974 - 1977, systems analyst, Science Applications, Inc., Huntsville, Ala.
3. 1977 - 1979, chief programmer and systems analyst, Science Applications, Inc., Huntsville, Ala., and McLean, Va.
4. 1979 - 1990, systems analyst, General Research Corporation, McLean, Va.
5. 1990 - 1993, Director, Systems Support Division/Group, General Research Corporation, McLean, Va.
6. 1993 - 1997, Vice President and Chief Scientist, General Research Corporation, Vienna, Va.
7. 1997 - 1998, Vice President and Chief Scientist, GRCI, Vienna, Va.
8. 1998 - 2000, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, GRCI, Vienna, Va.
9. 2000 - 2006, Chief Technology Officer, AT&T Government Solutions, Inc., Vienna, Va.
10. 2006 - 2010, Chief Technology Officer, Chief Information Officer and Executive Director, AT&T Government Solutions, Inc., Vienna, Va.
11. 2010 - present, Chief Technology Officer, Office of Information Dominance and Chief Information Officer, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
AWARDS AND HONORS
AT&T Circle of Excellence Award
AT&T Gold Club Award for Outstanding Performance
AT&T Service Excellence Award
AT&T Federal Achievers Club
2015 Fedscoop 50 Award for Federal Leadership
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Association for Computer Machinery
Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers
American Society for Quality
Project Management Professional Certificate
ISO 9000 Internal Auditor
Certificate in Data Processing