General Atomics recognizes 43 suppliers for excellent performance
- By William Welsh
- Feb 13, 2013
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) on Feb. 13 announced that it is honoring 43 suppliers with its annual Supplier Excellence Awards in recognition of outstanding quality and delivery performance.
“Quality products and on-time delivery are critical to the mission success of our Predator- and Gray Eagle-series aircraft,” said Frank Pace, president of the Aircraft Systems Group at GA-ASI.
The awards recognize outstanding suppliers that sustained or exceeded a 98 percent quality and on-time delivery performance rating, GA-ASI said. A total of 437 production suppliers across all product lines were eligible to receive the special recognition.
The awards, which were made in the third and fourth quarters of 2012, went to:
- Advanced Machining & Tooling, Poway, Calif.
- Aviation Devices and Electronic Components, Fort Worth, Texas.
- AVS Industries LLC, New Castle, Del.
- Barry Controls Aerospace, Burbank, Calif.
- Coastline Metal Finishing, Garden Grove, Calif.
- CPAC Inc., Yorba Linda, Calif.
- CPI- Malibu Division, Camarillo, Calif.
- DDI North Jackson Corporation, North Jackson, Ohio.
- Delta Digital Video, Horsham, Penn.
- Dela Technology Inc, Rockville, Md.
- Desser Tire & Rubber, Montebello, Calif.
- DVI Gear, Marietta, Ga.
- Elcommtec Corporation, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Elna Magnetics, Saugerties, Fla.
- Falcon Electronics, Inc., Tempe, Ariz.
- Fry Steel, Santa Fe Springs, Calif.
- House of Batteries, Fountain Valley, Calif.
- Hitco Carbon Composites Inc., Gardena, Calif.
- Hydraflow Corporation, Fullerton, Calif.
- L3 Communications Avionics, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- L3 Communications/ Electrodynamics, Rolling Meadows, Ill.
- Newport Adhesives & Composites, Irvine, Calif.
- North Hills Signal Processing, Syosset, N.Y.
- Port Plastics Inc., San Diego, Calif.
- Prime Plating, Sun Valley, Calif.
- Quatro Composites Inc., Orange City, Iowa.
- Quell Corporation, Albuquerque, N.M.
- San Diego Fluid System Technologies, San Diego, Calif.
- Santourian Manufacturing Inc., Oceanside, Calif.
- Symcoat Metal Processing, San Diego, Calif.
- The Litzenberger Company, Hesperia, Calif.
- The Mate Company (TMC), Temecula, Calif.
- Torco International Corporation, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
- Triton Manufacturing Company Inc., Monee, Ill.
- Tulsa Propulsion Engines Inc., Beggs, Okla.
- Tencate Advanced Composites, Morgan Hill, Calif.
- Textile Products Inc., Anaheim, Calif.
- Thompson Gun Drilling, Inc., Van Nuys, Calif.
- Tiodize Company Inc., Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Tomi Engineering, Santa Ana, Calif.
- TTI Inc., San Diego Calif.
- Vinyl Technology Inc., Monrovia, Calif.
- Whirl Wind Propellers Corporation, El Cajon, Calif.
Poway, Calif.-based GA-ASI, an affiliate of General Atomics, is a manufacturer of remotely piloted aircraft, tactical reconnaissance radars and electro-optic surveillance systems.
William Welsh is a freelance writer covering IT and defense technology.