Navy awards major C2 contracts for engineering and technical support
- By Defense Systems Staff
- May 11, 2012
The Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Atlantic in Charleston, S.C., awarded approximately $145 million (including options) in contracts to eight companies for the procurement of integrated command and control engineering and technical support services for command centers.
The contract awards went to:
- Centurum Information Technology, Marlton, N.J.
- L-3 Services business unit C2S2, Mount Laurel, N.J.
- Lockheed Martin, Herndon, Va.
- M.C. Dean, Dulles, Va.
- QinetiQ North America business unit Services and Solutions Group, Fairfax, Va.
- Science Applications International Corp., McLean, Va.
- Serco, Reston, Va.
- SRA International, Fairfax, Va.
Under the contracts, the winning organizations will provide program management, technical engineering support, integrated logistics support, configuration and data management support, customer support and security engineering support.
Work will be performed in Charleston, S.C. (40 percent); Washington, D.C. (30 percent); San Diego, Calif. (10 percent); Norfolk, Va. (10 percent); and New Orleans, La. (10 percent). The work is expected to be completed by May 2013, though work could continue until May 2015 if all options are exercised.