Naval IT Day to spotlight major enterprise initiatives
- By Defense Systems Staff
- May 02, 2012
The 11th Annual Naval IT Day will be held Thursday, May 3, and Defense Systems' editorial staff will be at the show to furnish timely and detailed coverage of the speeches and panel presentations given by top Navy and Marine Corps officers and civilian officials. Be sure to check www.defensesystems.com for regular updates.
The event, which will be held at the Sheraton Premier Tysons Corner in Vienna, Va., is hosted by AFCEA NOVA.
Those scheduled to speak at the event include:
- Vice Adm. Harry Harris, assistant to the chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- Terry Halvorsen, CIO, Department of the Navy.
- Rear Adm. William Leigher, director of Warfare Integration for Information Dominance.
- Lt. Gen. Robert Schmidle, deputy commander, U.S. Cyber Command.
- Chris Miller, executive director, SPAWAR Systems Center Atlantic.
- Brig. Gen. Kevin Nally, director and CIO, Marine Corps.
The conference also will feature two panels:
- IT Policy, Planning, Requirements and Architecture.
- Requirements and Acquisition.
The conference will highlight major technology initiatives underway across the Navy’s enterprise that employ the latest advances in cybersecurity, cloud computing, virtualization and data-center consolidation.