Navy expo to focus on expeditionary force capabilities
- By Defense Systems Staff
- Apr 13, 2012
The Navy League Sea-Air-Space Exposition will be held April 16-18 in National Harbor, Md., and Defense Systems staff will be at the show to provide timely and detailed coverage of speeches and presentations by top Navy and Marine Corps officers and civilian officials. Be sure to check www.defensesystems.com for regular updates.
This year's theme is "Naval Expeditionary Forces: Preserving Global Economic Security and National Security." The event will be held at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center at the National Harbor.
Among the top military and civilian officials scheduled to speak and participate in roundtables at the event are:
- Hon. Ray Mabus, secretary of the Navy.
- Hon. Robert Work, under secretary of the Navy.
- Hon. Sean Stackley, assistant secretary of the Navy for Research, Development and Acquisition.
- Adm. Jonathan Greenert, chief of Naval Operations.
- Adm. Mark Ferguson, vice chief of Naval Operations
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant.
- Adm. Robert Papp, Coast Guard commandant.
- Vice Adm. David Architzel, commander, Naval Air Systems Command.
- Rear Adm. Mark Heinrich, commander, Navaly Supply Systems Command and Chief of Supply Corps.
- Vice Adm. Kevin McCoy, commander, Naval Sea Systems Command.
- Brig. Gen. Frank Kelley, commander, Marine Corps Systems Command.
Topics that will be covered at the event include performance-based logistics, systems command challenges, data-center consolidation, unmanned aircraft systems initiatives and budget challenges.