AFCEA West to assess military at the crossroads
- By Defense Systems Staff
- Jan 23, 2012
The AFCEA West 2012 conference will be held Jan. 24-26 in San Diego, Calif., and Defense Systems staff will be at the show to provide detailed coverage of speeches and presentations by top military and civilian participants. Check the Defense Systems website throughout the conference for special coverage.
The conference theme is "America's Military at the Crossroads: What's Out and What's In for 2012 and Beyond." The event will be held at the San Diego Convention Center. Among the featured speakers at the event are:
- Vice Adm. William Gortney, director, Joint Staff
- Adm. Mike Mullen (ret.), former chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Rear Adm. Sean Pybus, commander, Naval Special Warfare Command
- Lt. Gen. George Flynn, director for joint force development, Joint Staff
- Robert Work, undersecretary of the Navy
The conference is billed as the largest of its kind on the West Coast for communications, electronics, intelligence, information systems, imaging, weapons systems, aviation and shipbuilding.