Army IT Day to focus on building the warfighter enterprise
- By Defense Systems Staff
- Dec 13, 2011
The Army IT Day event
will be held Dec. 14 in McLean, Va., and Defense Systems staff members will be there to provide detailed and timely coverage of speeches and panels by top military and civilian leaders.
This year's theme is "Building the Army's Warfighter Enterprise of 2020," and the event will be held at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner.
Our reporters will cover speakers and panels on a variety of topics that include the Army's Network of 2020 and the critical changes it will drive across the enterprise, how the Network Integration Evaluation is accelerating capabilities delivered to the warfighter, the Army's challenges in maintaining and defending the network, the Army's transition to DISA-provided e-mail and discussions of small business opportunities presented by program managers and acquisition professionals.
The military and civilian experts scheduled to speak include:
- Lt. Gen. Susan Lawrence, Army CIO/G-6.
- Col. John Morrison, director, LandWarNet Battle Command.
- Maj. Gen. James Walton, chief integration officer, Army G-6.
- Doug Wiltsie, program executive officer, Enterprise Information Systems.
- Rick Davis, director of operations, Army Network Enterprise Technology Command.
- Mary Lynn Schnurr, CIO of Army Intelligence and director of the Intelligence Community Information Management Directorate.