MILCOM to focus on attaining the full value of networks
- By Defense Systems Staff
- Nov 07, 2011
The MILCOM 2011 conference will be held Nov. 8-10 in Baltimore, Md., and Defense Systems staff will be on site to provide detailed coverage of speeches and presentations by leaders in the Defense Department, military services and defense industry.
This year marks the 30th anniversary of the military communications event. The theme of the conference is “Networks: Attaining the Value.” Our reporters will cover panels and breakout sessions at the conference in which military and industry experts will discuss the latest developments in military communications and network technologies.
Among the Pentagon’s top brass scheduled to speak at the event are:
- Brig. Andy Bristow, chief of staff, U.K. National Contingent Afghanistan.
- Lt. Gen. Charles Davis, commander, Air Force Electronic Systems Center.
- Brig. Gen. Ann Dunwoody, commanding general, Army Materiel Command.
- Lt. Gen. Rhett Hernandez, commanding general, Army Cyber Command.
- Lt. Gen. Susan Lawrence, Army CIO.
- Lt. Gen. Ellen Pawlikowski, commander, Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center.
- Maj. Gen. Randolph Strong, commanding general, Army Communications-Electronics Command.
MILCOM was established to give industry an opportunity to promote communications technologies and services to commanders from all branches of the U.S armed forces, DOD officials and heads of multinational forces stationed around the globe.