Navy leaders to share program strategies at IT Day
Officials will describe vision, operational requirements and acquisition approaches
- By Defense Systems Staff
- Jun 08, 2011
The AFCEA-NOVA Chapter will host its 10th Annual Naval IT Day June 9 in Vienna, Va., and Defense Systems staff members will be on hand to provide comprehensive coverage of the event.
Navy and Marine Corps senior leaders speaking at the event will describe their vision, operational requirements and acquisition strategies for the future. They also will discuss potential business opportunities for industry.
Nearly a dozen officials will speak and participate in panels at the event. The confirmed speakers are:
- Robert Work, undersecretary of the Navy
- Adm. Jonathan Greenert, vice chief of Naval Operations
- Brig. Gen. Kevin Nally, director of C4/CIO for the Marine Corps
- Rear Adm. Edward Deets, commander of the Naval Network Warfare Command
- Terry Halvorsen, Navy CIO
- Vice Adm. Bernard McCullough, commander, Fleet Cyber Command and the 10th Fleet
- Capt. Shawn Hendricks, program manager for Naval Enterprise Networks
- Bridget Bean, district director, Washington Metropolitan District Office, Small Business Administration
- Chris Miller, SPAWAR Systems Center-Atlantic
- David Weddel, assistant deputy chief of Naval Operations
- Capt. Didier LeGoff, program manager of the Navy’s Tactical Networks Program Office
The event also will feature small business sessions at which companies can learn firsthand from Navy small-business advocates about their respective programs. Representatives from the major commands will be on hand throughout the day to discuss their programs and initiatives.