The learning objectives for this course are:
• Learn the five values of Scrum and the eight essential Scrum principles.
• Draw a diagram describing the Scrum framework, highlighting all meetings, roles and artifacts.
• Describe the rights and responsibilities of each role in Scrum: Team member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster and stakeholder.
• Discuss with other participants what Scrum means to you and what it will mean to be a ScrumMaster in your organization.
• Watch Scrum in action as the framework of Scrum will be used to deliver the course material.
• Identify the main obstacles to using Scrum in your organization.
• Practice applying ScrumMaster skills to solve real life problems.
• Pass the Certified Scrum Master assessment.
Prerequisites: None, though it is recommended that candidates have some exposure to software development or project management prior to the course.
Continuing Education Credits: Students who are PMP certified will earn 16 PDUs for completing the Certified Scrum Master course.
Contact Name: Brian Flora